SECURE WEB-BASED DATABASE REDUCES OVERHEAD COSTS AND ALLOWS STREAMLINED INTEGRATION WITH OUTSIDE PRACTICES
Our proprietary workflow solution is custom-designed to support the entire consultative process and reduce costs. Our service offers a cost-effective alternative to hiring a full-time or part-time dermatopathologist. Key features include:
- secure password-protected access for designated pathologists and support staff
- flexibility to adjust to different workflows in our partner laboratories
- option of entirely electronic communication (submission of cases, transcription, verification)
- instant email alerts when the opinion is rendered
- paperless and type free transcription
- management of materials sent and received
- all slides returned within a week after consultation
To submit cases, staff enter the patient information and details of materials sent. A list of the materials can be printed locally for record-keeping. When the slides arrive at our office, the accessioning process can be completed within minutes. Immediately after our report is issued, the submitting pathologist and staff receive emails alerting them that the case is available for viewing. The staff can print the report locally. The report can be cut and pasted directly from the website and inserted into outside reports. The submitting pathologist, can verify accuracy of transcription online, regardless of where his or her office is located.
At weekly intervals, all received materials are sent back.
Access to secure features of the website requires practice registration, but is optional.
You are most welcome to send us a case regardless of whether your practice is registered or not.
Click here to download a recent article from Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine which analyzes turn-around data from our practice.